Thursday, August 13, 2009

Just one of those days...

My mom always said, "It's not what life deals you, it's how you deal with life." Thanks mom.
You know those days when it probably would have been best if you just never got out of bed? Today was just one of those days. From the moment I woke up (at 4am), I was doomed.
I text my friend Margaret after my long day...

Me: "What should I make for dinner tonight?"

Margaret: "Taco Dip?"

Ah yes... this is what best friends are for. Tomorrow is a new day but tonight I'm going to feel sorry for myself (even though I know I have sooo much to be thankful for). HOW?
4 Simple Things: Taco Dip, Chardonnay, Ice Cream, and Noah :)
Taco Dip: This is my grandmother's famous recipe that we make EVERY year when we are at the beach for Thanksgiving. It's soo easy!
- Brown 1lb of ground beef (as lean as possible)
- Add a packet of taco seasoning according to directions
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350
- Spread one can of refried beans into bottom of medium sized glass baking dish
- Layer next with the cooked meat, then 1 16 oz. jar of salsa (I like Newman's Own)
- And finish it off with 1 bag of shredded Mexican cheese
- Bake for 20 minutes and bon appetit!
- Serve with tortilla chips

Add wine (I love Yellow Tail Chardonnay. It's nice and dry yet has a refreshing taste and it's cheap) and ice cream...
And if all that fails, Noah can always put a smile on my face. And he will most likely make me go out with our friends and I will thank him for it later :)


So much for eating healthy today...

No comments:

Post a Comment