Sunday, August 30, 2009

Feelin' Good!

Noah and I had such a wonderful weekend with our friends. We had a dinner party on Friday and a Wedding on Saturday. Our friend, Anne, got married and it was such a wonderful event! It does, however, make me sad that our wedding is over :( I can't believe we've already been married 3 months! I feel like we just got married yesterday! When I'm at the grocery store or pharmacy, I want to pick up the latest issue of InStyle Weddings (my favorite wedding magazine) but I resist. I can't wait until my sister gets engaged just so I have an excuse to buy wedding magazines (that is so sad). But how you can you not be in a good mood when you're reading about favors, honeymoon destinations, bridesmaids dresses, and the perfect groom's gift!

After a weekend of fun, Noah and I woke up to a Sunday of being tired and a little hungover. No worries because I have a cure. And while I'm talking about the ultimate hangover cure, I might as well share with you some of my other favorite things that make us feel good!
1. Propel Fitness Packets: These little packets are easy to keep in your pantry and all you need is a glass of water! We like the Strawberry-Kiwi flavor. They are especially good after a long night of celebrating!

2. VitaCraves: Let's face it....we probably aren't getting enough vitamins through our diet. I wish I could say I eat a ton of vitamin-rich veggies but I'm lucky to eat one or two vegetables/fruit daily. I try to be good about taking vitamins; however, with my sensitive stomach, they always make me nauseous. My friend told me about VitaCraves by One A Day and they are delicious! This gummy vitamin is yummy and doesn't upset my stomach. I feel like a kid again. Before the VitaCraves came out, I tried the Women's02 by One A Day. This powdered drink mix is a complete multivitamin. As I poured the powder into my water bottle, it turned blood red and started fizzing. GROSS. I smelled it and immediately gagged. I didn't have the guts to even try it. My friend, Lizzie, was the only one willing to be the guinea pig. She said, "it tastes worse than it smells." No thank you.
3. Meal Protein Bar: I have tried a ton of different meal bars. The Chocolate Peanut Butter meal bar by Special K is by far my favorite. I love the convenience of being able to throw one in my bag as I'm running out the door. Not only is the bar tasty, you feel full and you stay full for a few hours. It has 10 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber with only 180 calories.
4. New Running Shoes: I am embarrassed to say that Noah has not gotten new running shoes in years. I finally convinced him to purchase new ones. It wasn't about the fact that they looked gross and smelled even worse, they didn't provide him any support. If you are an avid runner, new shoes every 6 months are a must! "Running in old or worn-out shoes is one of the most common causes of running injuries. Your running shoes lose shock absorption, cushioning and stability over time. Continuing to run in worn-out running shoes increases the stress and impact on your legs and joints" (about.com). If you run on on concrete, this is especially important. One of the most common injuries due to worn out shoes?? Shin splints (ouch). To increase the life of your shoes, make sure they have a cool, dry place to air out.

5. Green Works by Clorox: When Noah and I moved in together, I purchased all new cleaning products. I bought the entire line of Green Works by Clorox from window cleaner to toilet cleaner. I love them all! Not only are they eco-friendly, they clean really well! "Each product uses plant-based and biodegradable ingredients. Green Works cleaners are not tested on animals and use recyclable packaging... a natural line of cleaners that clean without harsh chemical residue. They’re made with plant-based materials that clean with the power you’d expect from Clorox" (clorox.com).

6. Fish: It took me 22 years to eat fish (I know I know). But now that I love fish, I can't get enough!!! A Harvard study shows that eating oily fish (like salmon) twice a week decreased the risk of death from heart disease by 36%. Fish is also known to decrease symptoms of depression, bad skin, arthritis, prostatitis and cystitis and prevent prostate cancer (CNN.com). Not only is it good for you, it's yummy too!
Here is an EASY salmon marinade:
- Basil, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and zest, soy sauce. YUM

No comments:

Post a Comment