Monday, August 3, 2009

Best Buyers Beware!

WARNING: this is a boring blog about adulthood (I have to do that for my sister who always says that married people write the most boring things) However, as a consumer I feel it only fair to share my good and bad experiences in case you might be in the market for a larger appliance.

Our new house came with only 2 faults: no washer/dryer and no fridge.
Our AMAZING friends gave us a gift card to sears as a wedding present that enabled us to purchase an awesome fridge. GREAT gift idea! We bought it and it was delivered the next day! Sears told us they would deliver between 8 and 10 am, they were there at 8:15 AM and we had a working fridge by 8:45 AM. PIECE OF CAKE!

Buying a washer and dryer, on the other hand, was NOT so easy. It was ridiculous! We chose Best Buy because we have (or used to have) a credit card with them that allowed us to do 18 months no interest. And since we are struggling newlyweds, we took advantage...NOT WORTH IT IN THE END! I'll make a long story short....we purchased a washer/dryer on July 7th and a washer/dryer was not delivered until August 3rd (almost a month later!!) No one at Best Buy was helpful and to make matters worse...the washing machine doesn't work! Now a technician will have to come to fix it. I'm extremely frustrated! I could get into more detail but just trust me...BAD EXPERIENCE

Moral of the story: Never buying anything again from that store.

No comments:

Post a Comment