Monday, March 7, 2011

Welcome!

When Noah and I first moved into our house, we worked on it every weekend! The more time we lived in the house, the less we did (and the less we had to do). Recently, we did a home project that I am very excited about... a new storm door! (Who would have thought I would be so excited about a door? New Jimmy Choos...Of course! New Door....Not so much). Our original front door had space for a storm door but no storm door. It looked incomplete. So we purchased a storm door and we painted it a new color. Here are our steps to our new front door (I took these pictures with my cell phone so they aren't the best quality):



The original door was a burnt red color and lacked a certain je ne sais quoi. No wait....I know what it's missing! A storm door!



Noah (with a little help from Jeter) put a primer on the newly installed storm door. We purchased a 6 panel wood storm door from Pleasant's Hardware. If you're planning on purchasing a new door, plan on spending around $1,000 (type of door, hardware, installation, paint, etc....it adds up quickly). Luckily, Noah and his dad are quite handy so we saved around $250 in installation fees.


Noah and I paint the new storm door and the original front door. (Jeter is the best supervisor). We painted the door "Snapdragon" by Benjamin Moore.


Improvement? We think so! Best part about the door? Jeter gets to look out the windows (he loves it!). I am constantly using Windex to remove his nose marks. The new color is a little more pink than we had anticipated. But we've actually grown to love it and no one can miss our door! The new door and the new color are much more welcoming...

I don't know what our next home improvement project will be but I hoping to redo our living room. We've painted it, added great bamboo blinds, new lamps, artwork, and an elegant lattice work rug. All we need is a new sofa and chairs. I am a terrible decorator (a skill my mother and sister have and I lack). I try to read magazines and pick out pieces I like but it's pretty hopeless. I have no vision. My mother convinced me to paint my living room a blue color that I originally HATED. But Noah and I absolutely LOVE the color. It brightens up the room and makes it appear larger. I think I will stick to fashion for people and not homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment