Monday, September 7, 2009

We interrupt this marriage....

....to bring you football season! Football season is officially in full force, and around my house, that means ESPN is being abused! This plate hangs in our kitchen... The plate is funny but it is also sentimental. I purchased it while visiting my best friend, Sally, at Ole Miss. We went to a football game (and by "went to the game" I mean we tailgated and watched it on TV at the tailgate). Ole Miss tailgates are serious business! We spent the entire night before the game cooking. They had yummy southern food (I tried my first cheese straw that weekend...delicious!)

This weekend was the 1st UVA football game of the season! We purchased season tickets this year. UVA played William & Mary and lost. When we arrived to Charlottesville, I was so excited! I haven't been to C'ville in a while and I love visiting (I wouldn't mind living there either!) It is soo beautiful. As we drove past the corner, I couldn't help but be envious of all those college students. We parked our car and immediately went into "tailgate" mode. Noah wanted to be in the stadium for kickoff so we had to cut our tailgate short. You could feel the energy in the stadium and, as the cavalier rode onto the field on his horse, I felt like I was home again. I can't even begin to tell you how many hours I've spent in that stadium. UVA scored a touchdown pretty early in the 1st quarter. And the playing of the "Good 'Ole Song," marked the first score of the season. After that, everything went down hill. It was actually hard to watch. By the end, I was embarrassed to call myself a Virginia fan. Nonetheless, I'm excited for football season. While it is more fun when your team wins, I love it (losing team and all)!

There is one more fall "must have" I left off my list:

No comments:

Post a Comment