Friday, November 18, 2011

To Blog Or Not To Blog...

Clearly, it's been a while since I blogged. It's been so long that maybe I'm just not meant to be a blogger. I'm not a good writer but I do enjoy blogging when I actually take the time to create a new post. So how about one last shot? Even if no one reads my blog, it's a creative outlet (something I lack in my life).


So where do I begin? Or re-begin?


WE ARE HAVING A BABY! And not in 9 months...I could go into labor at any moment! That's right, there's going to be a baby boy Greenbaum! Yes, I will probably be posting things about how cute my baby is or how wonderful being a mom is...just to warn you. So as my pregnancy comes to an end, here is my list of the wonderful/not-so-wonderful things about pregnancy:


Why I love being pregnant:


1. Feeling my little one move is the most amazing feeling in the world! I can't describe it. It's just wonderful and I love it (even when his little feet jab me in my ribs)

2. The "expectant mother" parking spots at the grocery store

3. How much closer I feel to my husband

4. Everyone is nicer to you and doesn't expect you to lift a finger

5. My husband does most of the grocery shopping/cooking

6. Finding a new appreciation for my mother

7. Creating a nursery...baby things are too cute!

8. Hearing my baby's heartbeat at every doctor's appointment. After 9 months, it's still amazing how the human body creates life from one little egg and one little sperm.

9. You actually believe in love at first sight. As soon as you see that peanut on the ultrasound, you're in love. 13 week ultrasound:



10. Becoming a mom. Noah and I always had plans for children. When we got married, we decided to take time to enjoy being married and enjoy each other. We did that for 2.5 years and I LOVED every minute of it. I look back on our married life so far together and smile. There's nothing I would change. Sure we had our fights but that's not what I remember. I remember all the wonderful memories we've created together and with our friends. I will miss our crazy days of pre-parenthood but couldn't be more excited for this new chapter in our lives.

Things I don't love about being pregnant: (Note: no matter what this list says, it's all MORE than worth it in the end. Most of these are just silly. I want to be pregnant again one day!)

1. No drinking: I miss my wine y'all

2. No teeth whitening/spray tans: can't be vain when you're preggers

3. While I love my new belly, I don't love my arms, butt, boobs, double chin and thighs :) You know when you see a pregnant woman and you think she looks so cute? Yea, I'm not one of those pregnant women.

4. Lack of sleep: I don't sleep well and neither does my husband. I snore so loudly that I keep him up :)

5. Using the ladies' room every 5 minutes: I know where every public restroom is in Richmond!

6. Scared of the unknown: What will labor be like? What if I have to have a C-section? What if I can't breastfeed? How do I take care of a newborn? Postpartum depression? Being intimate with my husband again? Raising a child? Having a social life?

7. Maternity clothes: YUCK

8. People's comments: it amazes me what a person will say to a pregnant woman. Think before you speak people!

9. Hypochondria: I have never been a hypochondriac. But now that I'm pregnant, I worry about every little pain, twinge, etc. I've been to the doctor twice because I thought something was wrong. But I'm a first time mom so it's all new to me. It's amazing how I don't even care about myself anymore. The first thing I think about is the baby.

10. Fatigue: I've been tired my entire pregnancy. It's no fun. I don't have the energy to do anything. I miss my friends.

Overall, I've had a great pregnancy. While it was a surprise, it's been wonderful. I am so blessed to have such supportive friends and family. Having said that, it's time for this little guy to grace us with his presence! I CAN'T wait to meet him and see what he looks like :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Muffy! Just saw this and your baby is probably out breathing the clean air and loving it by now (congratulations!), but here's a link to a whole bunch of parenting stuff, in case you're interested: www.drmomma.org. (The mentions of c-sections and breastfeeding make me think you might be.) The most recent post is on circumcision (sadface) but the site has lots of information on birth and parenting, etc, and generally lots of links to other sites with such information as well. I hope you are loving motherhood!

    -Marie

    ReplyDelete