Friday, October 16, 2009

Key to the Cure

Do you know that 1 in 3 men and 1 in 2 women will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime?

I didn't until yesterday. I had no idea the numbers were so staggering. My friend and I went to Saks Fifth Avenue's "Key to the Cure," which benefits the VCU Massey Cancer Center. This was my first time attending the event and I can't wait to go next year! Not only does it benefit and promote a wonderful cause (women's cancer research), it is lots of fun. There were tons of area restaurants with great food and good drinks. During the evening, there was a fashion show featuring fall looks from Saks.


2 side notes from the event:

1. We wore name tags: I love name tags because I forget names. It is one of my many faults. Anyways, my name tag looked funny. Why? It had a strange name on it... I searched the table with rows of organized name tags for mine with no success. The woman behind the table working the event found my name tag and handed it to me. It read, "Muffy Greenbaum." Oh yea, that's me! I have gotten used to the sound of my last name and even writing it. However, it still surprises me when I see it. Clearly, this was my first post-marriage experience with a name tag. After the initial shock of it, I was proud to be wearing my awesome new name on my dress! I love name tags :)


2. Cakes by Graham: Graham Haddock is an ex-chef in the British military who owns this fabulous cakery in Richmond, VA. He made this delicious and beautiful cake for the event last night. I also love Graham because he made our beautiful wedding cake! Most wedding cakes look beautiful but taste like cardboard. Not Graham's cake, they're as wonderful to eat as they are to look at! I would recommend him to anyone in need of good cake! Just look at our beautiful cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment